Flash Drive Recovery Services
Flash drives and USB thumb drives are extremely convenient ways to transport data from one location to the next. Whether its family photos or a critical business presentation, most consumers use these small devices on a daily basis to hold valuable data. Flash drives and thumb drives are relatively durable, however, they are still microelectronic devices and are susceptible to damage and failure.
Some of the most common causes of flash drive failure:
- Physical damage – This can occur if the USB connection is broken or bent and in the process has caused damage to the board inside the drive’s case. These Flash drives need to be examined in our Class100 Cleanroom in order to recover data from them.
- Data corruption – Data corruption can be caused by viruses, static electricity (can also cause physical damage), operating system failure, software malfunction, and not properly removing the device from a computer.
- Liquid & heat damage – Being extremely small and portable, it is not uncommon for Flash drives to suffer from submersion or excessive heat damage, such as being left in an automobile or direct sunlight.
DataTech Labs’ data recovery engineers can recover data from all of the above Flash drives failures and have already seen most scenarios imaginable. Whether your thumb drive was dropped in water, or run over by a lawnmower, we can help retrieve the drive’s contents.
Tips for Protecting Flash Drives
- Do not leave a Flash or USB drive in a computer unattended. It is common to forget the drive is in a computer and it can be kicked, bumped, or bent, resulting in physical damage to the drive.
- Do not expose Flash drives to extreme temperatures, this can cause damage to the electronic components of the drive.
- Always “stop” or “remove” the device from a computer before removing it from the computers USB port—disregarding this step can cause data corruption or deletion.